The master bath is not only a functional space, but it can act as a bit of a retreat in your own home. In order to bring a sense of peace and tranquility to your bathroom remodel, consider adding natural elements to the design. Whether it’s as simple as incorporating natural colors and accessories to your Indianapolis-area home, or more involved like installing wood floors or natural stone bathroom countertops, consider these six ideas from Stonesmiths Inc.
6 Ways to Bring In a Touch of Nature for Peace and Harmony
1. Let in more natural light. Use light-colored draperies or privacy blinds that allow you to see out to the garden but that don’t allow anyone to see in.
2. Select a nature-inspired color palette. Color isn’t just related to paint selection; it is also reflected in your textiles, flooring, and stonework choices. Watery blues, sandy beige, sage green, and slate grey are fairly common, but don’t be afraid of being inspired by the many soft colors of the coral reef, the vibrant hues of your flower garden, or even the sassy plumage of your favorite bird.
3. Add natural accessories. Plants, a small water fountain, a bowl of shells or stones, or a framed photo of a landscape that inspires you are simple and inexpensive ways to bring nature indoors . However, don’t go overboard with too many accessories, or you’ll end up with a cluttered space instead of a retreat.
4. Choose soft, natural textiles. Forget the plastic shower curtain and tacky aluminum blinds. Choose natural materials like cotton, hemp, or bamboo.
5. Install cork or bamboo flooring. Be sure to speak to your sales rep or installer to ensure your flooring choice can withstand the high traffic and high humidity conditions of the bathroom.
6. Use natural stone or glass. Granite, marble, glass, or quartzite are beautiful options for bathroom countertops and tile work. Choosing these materials not only brings in the natural elements, but it is durable and also makes a design statement that can take your master bathroom from ordinary to luxurious.
Whether you choose glass, recycled stone, marble, quartz, or granite countertops for your Carmel, IN, bathroom or kitchen, you’ll be glad you decided to work with Stonesmiths. For a free quote on bathroom countertops or other stone surface projects in your home, contact us at (317) 770-1333. Our experienced professionals are dedicated to exceptional customer service and will be happy to assist you.