Anyone who enjoys cooking and baking will tell you that choosing a countertop is about much more than pure esthetics. Sure, we all love beautiful kitchen countertops, but have you ever thought about its function? At Stonesmiths, Inc. of Indianapolis, IN, we know the ins and outs of each of our stone products, so we can help you create the kitchen of your dreams.
What Makes Perfect Kitchen Countertops?
Most bakers will tell you that their ideal kitchen includes:
- A large work surface to spread out, roll dough, or make large batches of baked goods.
- Counters that are at just the right height for them. Forget standard height if you’re quite short or tall; you’ll just end up with a sore neck or shoulders if you don’t customize the height of your counters.
- Kitchen countertops that are easy to clean, can hold up to regular use, and won’t scratch or scorch.
- The surface will get bonus points from most bakers if it’s good for rolling out pastries.
Perfect Countertop Materials
So what are these magical materials that meet all of the above needs?
- Marble has long been the baker’s surface of choice, but it can scratch if you aren’t careful.
- Granite is another great choice since it is heat and water resistant.
- Finally, quartz is gaining in popularity. It is highly durable (stain, scorch, and scratch-resistant) and very easy to care for. It is also available in a wide range of colors, making it even more popular.
When it’s time to say goodbye to your dated kitchen countertops, you can put your trust in Stonesmiths. We’ll fabricate custom kitchen countertops for you that will be the envy of the neighborhood-especially the bakers in the neighborhood! Contact us anytime at (317) 770-1333. We’d be glad to answer your questions and provide a free quote for your next stone project. We’re located in Noblesville, IN, and serve the areas of Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, and Indianapolis.