When considering the ideal countertops for your home, you need to review the benefits each material will bring to the table. Quartz is popular because of its durability and stylish appeal to high-end taste. It is a great alternative to granite and marble, offering a similar look to these natural stone options. Stonesmiths Inc. offers a wide selection of high-quality quartz in varying colors and patterns, along with expert fabrication and installation. Let’s look at five things you may not know about quartz countertops.
1. Quartz Is an Engineered Stone
While natural stone slabs, like granite and marble, are mined, quartz slabs are engineered in a factory. Natural crystals are mined, ground into an aggregate, and fused with resin binders under intense heat and pressure to form a solid slab.
2. Quartz is Non-PorousThe resins used to create quartz make it a non-porous material, able to resist scratches, stains, and even bacterial growth. This produces quartz’s superior durability, making it one of the most popular countertop materials.
3. Quartz has a Consistent AppearanceSince quartz is an engineered material, we have more control over creating a consistent appearance. Natural stones have more variation in their colors and patterns and don’t have the uniform look of quartz.
4. Quartz Comes in a Variety of ColorsDuring the engineering process, pigments are added to quartz to give it the color and finish options you see. This is why homeowners can choose from such a wide variety of colors and patterns to find something that appeals to their style.
5. Quartz Is Low MaintenanceQuartz doesn’t require the sealing, polishing, or other unique care natural stone countertops need. Besides routine cleaning, your quartz countertops require basically no maintenance to stay nice.
Request a Free Quote
Stonesmiths offers the highest quality quartz, hand-finishing each piece for a beautiful, unmatched result. Our specialists have the expertise to create a wide range of projects as we turn your vision into reality. Contact us today at (317) 770-1333 to discover more about our process or to request a free quote and design consultation for your next project. We serve residents in the entire Indianapolis area, including Carmel, Westfield, Fishers, Noblesville, and Zionsville.